THE MG STORY
The seed of inspiration behind MG began to grow when Makeup Artist Melissa Gigliotti first experimented with make up on her friends, dolling them up for their special occasions. Soon her fledgling interest developed into a passion, then turned into a self-confessed addiction! Just over ten years ago she was a successful Real Estate Agent in Wollongong, but gave it all up to follow her passion for makeup into a completely new career direction.
This bold change was driven by the realisation that she would rather be doing a job she loved wholeheartedly and that she wanted to be a positive role model for her two young girls. From that moment Melissa Gigliotti was ready to make her beauty mark on the industry!
MAKING HER BEAUTY MARK
Since she founded MG Artistry in 2003, Melissa Gigliotti has developed a well-respected brand, firmly based on years of experience and dedication to her craft. Melissa's talent is multi-faceted, allowing her to create looks for fashion, bridal, special occasions, television commercials, print publications, online, video and more. Her unique point of difference is her ability to enhance the best features of any client using quality tools & makeup to bring out their inner confidence and beauty, no matter who they are.
Melissa works with makeup brands such as Make Up Forever, Giorgio Armani, Inglot, and MAC, because by investing in professional artist brands she believes she's able to create looks that are Red-Carpet-Quality that look "done but not over done".
Melissa has also worked with well-known professionals in the media such as:
- Steve Waugh (former Australian Cricket Captain, Writer) – Hair/Makeup for the cover of his book, "The Meaning Of Luck".
- Donny Galella (Fashion Stylist, Makeover Expert & Style Blogger)
- Hair/Makeup for Donny's bio photo (http://donnygalella.com.au/about-me/bio/),
- Hair/Makeup for the "Dress For Success Sydney" social media campaign,
- Hair/Makeup for a number of Target for Westfield Makeovers.
- Cesar Casier (International Model, Face of Armani Xchange) – Hair/Makeup for fashion spread in the international online magazine, "D'Scene".
- Erin Holland - Former Miss World Arias.
- Woman’s Day Cover- Lauren Hannaford and Simon Price (Wiggles) wedding
- Sunrise Show Channel 7 - Natalie Barr, David Koch’s, Edwina Edwinabatholomew, Mark Beretta
- Viktoria Novak Campaign Bridal Couture 2018 collection “Immortal Renaissance"
Channel 7 Network
- Natalie Barr
- Edwina Bartholomew
- David Kochie
- Mark Berretta
- Mark Ferguson
- Angus Asimus
- Cath Turner
- Ryan Phelan
- Rob Avadia
- Talitha Cummins
- Angela Cox
- Adene Cassidy
- Samantha Brett
Melissa's foray into hairstyling began much the same way it did for makeup. With a little dabble here and there she proved to herself that not only did she like working with hair, she actually had a flair for it! Some training followed with the globally-recognised, most-awarded hair-up-stylist, Lizzie Liros and so Melissa could now meet the demand for hairstyling, particularly in the bridal industry.
PASSION FOR TEACHING
Melissa knows firsthand what it is like to be starting out in the makeup industry. She is now also devoting a great deal of time to running Makeup Workshops for aspiring makeup artists and individuals who simply want to learn how to apply their own makeup professionally. She is just about as passionate about teaching as she is about makeup, and loves to pass on her wealth of skills, industry knowledge and current beauty trends.